On Thursday 2 May, the North of Tyne Mayoral Election will take place.
This is a combined authority election for The North of Tyne Combined Authority that covers the local authority areas of Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland.
The Elected Mayor will chair the board of the North of Tyne Combined Authority and will have a number of specific powers. These relate to being able to:
- set up Mayoral Development Corporations to support delivery on strategic sites across the North of Tyne
- some compulsory purchase powers
- and the power to set a council tax precept to pay for the Elected Mayor’s work (in agreement with the local authorities).
Ahead of this election, Northumberland County Council are recruiting for a full suite of paid roles including polling station staff, verification staff and postal vote staff. They need:
- Conscientious polling station staff to work in all the towns and villages within Northumberland all day on election day
- Fast and accurate counters to work overnight at the verification of votes in Blyth
- Efficient staff to help with verifying postal votes in Morpeth.
Click here to find all the information you will need to apply, including full job descriptions and the application form.
Any questions regarding applying for these roles should be made directly to the County Council.