Real Christmas trees can be recycled into good quality compost or soil conditioner, or into chippings.
You can take them to your local household waste recovery centre during normal site opening times- 8am to 6pm – where they are collected and recycled along with other items of garden waste.
After Christmas, to make it easier to recycle your tree, the County Council have arranged additional collection points across the county. Please ensure that you have deposited your tree there by the end date.
South East area Collection sites and dates:
Wednesday 1st January – Wednesday 8th January
- Marketplace car park, Bedlington
- B&M Bargains car park, North Seaton
- Newbiggin Sports Centre car park
- Wansbeck Square car park, Ashington
- ASDA – Blyth
- Alexandra Park – Cramlington
- Ranch Car Park, Links Rd, Seaton Sluice
- Manor Walks South, Cramlington
- East Cramlington Nature Reserve car park – NE23 6XG
Garden waste reminder
Garden waste collections will start again in March 2020. Existing users will receive a letter inviting them to renew their subscription. New customers will be able to apply for the service in January / February 2020.