After careful consideration of the Government’s guidance relating to the re-opening of Play Areas the Council has decided to open all of the play areas it manages from Saturday 4 July.
We know that residents, and in particular families with young children, will be delighted to have access to these facilities once again and we are pleased to be able to do our bit by reopening our play areas as soon as the guidelines allowed us to.
However, we must all remember that the Coronavirus is still with us and consequently users must use the facilities responsibly by:
- adhering to the Government guidelines on Social Distancing and try and stay at least 2 meters apart
- not taking part in any type of unauthorised social gathering
- washing your hands or using your own hand sanitiser before and after visiting play areas
- not using the play area if it is already busy
- using the bins provided to dispose of your rubbish or take it home if the bins are full
- not visiting play areas if anyone in your family is unwell
Users of play areas should also be aware that the Council will carry out regular inspections of the equipment in its play areas but does not routinely cleanse the equipment.
You can report issues to us by ringing 0191 2379870 Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.00pm or by emailing email@example.com
HAVE FUN but please STAY SAFE