Seaton Valley Council holds an annual gardening competition. The competition is as much about people, as it is about plants and gardening. Founded on the principle that brightening up our outdoor spaces is good for us all, the competition gives individuals, businesses and local communities an opportunity to work together to bring about change.
Seaton Valley Gardening Competition 2020
We are holding our annual Gardening Competition in 2020. We know that these have been difficult times during the lockdown and Coronavirus restrictions but it has not stopped a lot of gardeners making the most of their time and getting their gardens and flowers looking lovely.
Due to current Coronavirus restrictions we have had to reduce the number of categories in this year’s competition and all entries must be able to be seen from the front of the house.
The categories this year are:
- Best Front Garden
- Best Single Container/Hanging Basket
- Best use of Recycled Materials.
To enter the competition please complete the application below and either email it to: email@example.com or complete the form and post it to:
Seaton Valley Council, 20-22 Astley Road, SeatonDelaval, Northumberland, NE25 0DG.
The closing date for entries in the 20 July 2020.
Judging will commence on 27 July 2020.
Terms and Conditions
- The categories are open to all residents of Seaton Valley. To enter, please complete an application form and return it to us.
- If you are not sure which category your application would fall into, please contact Lorraine Fox for advice.
- All entries must be able to be seen from the front on the house.
- You can nominate another person’s work.
- Judges will be the Seaton Valley Services Officer, a Parish Councillor and a member of Northumberland County Council’s Neat team.
- A list of winners will be available on the website.
- All entries must be received by the 20 July 2020. Any entries received after this date will not be entered into the competition.
- Please ensure you have provided a postal address and contact details on the entry form.
- No plastic or artificial flowers are allowed in any categories.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- Judges reserve the right to disqualify entrants if they consider that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
- No photographs are needed with your application as photographs will be taken during the judging period; however you can if you wish to send us photographs of your displays at their best.
- By entering the competition you agree that you will allow the judges to view and photograph your entry.
- The personal data supplied on this application form will only be used by Seaton Valley Council for the purpose of our Gardening Competition. The data will not be shared or published without your permission.
- By entering the Gardening Competition you agree that any photographs taken of your garden or display can be used by Seaton Valley Council on their website, social media and in council publications.