Speed Indicator Devices
In an effort to reduce the speed of vehicles in Seaton Valley, we have purchased a number of Speed Indicator Devices or SIDs as they are commonly known as.
Speed Indicator Devices (SIDs) are temporary vehicle activated signs which detect and display real-time vehicle speeds. The SID also records vehicle data that enables us to analyse various statistics about vehicle numbers and speed. From this data we are able to produce reports that are shared with the Police, Northumberland County Council and The Northumbria Safer Roads Initiative. Where the SIDs have recorded vehicles exceeding the national speed limit, the Police have been requested to carry out Speed Enforcement.
The SIDs are regularly moved to different locations across Seaton Valley. They are currently at the following locations:
- Holywell – A192 (beside The Paddock)
- Holywell – Elsdon Avenue (Between Tillmouth Avenue and Tranwell Avenue)
- New Hartley – Bristol Street
- New Hartley – St Michael’s Avenue
- Seaton Delaval – A190 Avenue Head
- Seaton Delaval – A190 Avenue Road
- Seaton Sluice – A193 Links Road
- Seaton Sluice – B1325 West End (beside The Rise)
- Seghill – A190 Annitsford Road (beside Reid’s Lane)
The monthly Speed Sign Reports can be viewed below:
You can view all of the deployment dates and the data recorded by the SIDs – SID Deployment Data