Each year we hold our Annual Seaton Valley Gardening Competition. The competition is a way for residents to share their gardens with the community.
Applications are invited to enter our Gardening Competition for 2021. There are eight categories:
- Best Garden
- Best Single Container/Hanging Basket
- Best use of recycled materials
- Best Wildlife Garden
- Best Community Space
- Best Young Gardener
- Best Allotment plot
- Best Business Gardener
The closing date for all entries is the 12 July 2021.
Garden visits will take place from 21 July 2021. (You will be informed of your appointment time before 19 July 2021).
To enter the competition, please complete the application form below and either email it to: email@example.com or post it to Seaton Valley Council, 20-22 Astley Road, Seaton Delaval, Northumberland, NE26 0DG.
You can also request an Application Form by post by calling our offices on: 0191 2379870
Please read the Terms and Conditions below before entering the competition:
Terms and Conditions
- All categories are open to all residents of Seaton Valley. To enter, please complete an application form and return it to us.
- If you are not sure which category your application would fall into, please contact Lorraine Fox for advice.
- You can nominate another person’s work.
- Judges will be the Seaton Valley Services Officer, a Parish Councillor and two members of Northumberland County Council’s Neat team. There will only be four people attending your property on judging day.
- A list of awards will be available on the website.
- All entries must be received by the 12 July 2021. Any entries received after this date will not be entered into the competition.
- Please ensure you have provided a postal address and contact details on the entry form.
- No plastic or artificial flowers are allowed in any categories.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- Judges reserve the right to disqualify entrants if they consider that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
- No photographs are needed with your application as photographs will be taken during the judging period; however you can if you wish to send us photographs of your displays at their best.
- By entering the competition you agree that you will allow the judges to view and photograph your entry.
- The personal data supplied on this application form will only be used by Seaton Valley Council for the purpose of our Gardening Competition. The data will not be shared or published without your permission.
- By entering the Gardening Competition you agree that any photographs taken of your garden or display can be used by Seaton Valley Council on their website, social media and in council publications.