Each year we hold our annual Seaton Valley Photography Competition that is open to residents to submit photographs that they have taken around Seaton Valley. There are five categories in the competition:
- Under 10s
- Under 18s
- Village Life
The theme of the competition is; ‘Pictures that represent the place where you live’.
Once again we received an excellent mix of photographs in all of the categories. The judges, Councillors Karen Collier and Ann Stanners, had a difficult job picking the category winners from such a great selection of photographs . Councillor Karen Collier said ‘I love the diversity of the photographs that have been submitted and it really shows all of the different parts of the Seaton Valley area’. Councillor Ann Stanners added ‘These are wonderful photographs and it shows that we live in such a beautiful place’.
The category winners each receive a £50 Amazon Gift Card.
The winning photographs for 2020 are:
- Landscape – Neil Howarth with a picture of The Avenue on an autumn day.
- Under 10s – Poppy Edmondson with a picture of Seaton Sluice harbour at sunset.
- Under 18s – Connie-Mae Thomas with a picture of the Seghill Spoon.
- Village Life – Nurana Uslu with a picture of Astley Park in the autumn.
- Wildlife – Tom Pugh with a picture of a Red Squirrel.
Congratulations to all of the winners and thank you to everyone who entered the competition.
Our YouTube Channel has a video with all of the photographs entered into the the Seaton Valley Photography Competition 2020