The Council, through Northumberland County Council, appointed an Environmental Enforcement Officer on the 1 October 2108 to work 2 days per week in Seaton Valley.
The Environmental Enforcement Officer is employed to deal with any issues that affect the environment such as dog fouling, litter, fly tipping, abandoned vehicles and accumulations of waste. They have the authority to issue Fixed Penalty Notices and Community Protection Notices to offenders and follow up with prosecution if required.
Any issues noticed by our own Officers or incidents received from members of the public are passed on to the Environmental Enforcement Officer to be dealt with.
We encourage residents to report environmental issues directly to us either by phone on 0191 2379870 or by using our Contact Form. Alternatively, issues can be reported direct to the County Council on 0345 600 6400 or by using the Online Reporting facility through the link below.
Northumberland County Council (Dog Control)
Public Spaces Protection Order
Notice of Extension
1. Northumberland County Council ‘the Council’), in exercise of its powers under section 59 of the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 (‘the 2014 Act’) made the Northumberland County Council (Dog Control) Public Spaces Protection Order (‘the PSPO’) on 30th January 2020.
2. Under the provisions of section 60(1) of the 2014 Act and Article 6(1) of the PSPO, the PSPO was scheduled to remain in effect for a period of 3 years from the date that it came into force until 30th January 2023.
3. In accordance with the provisions of section 60(2) and (3) of the 2014 Act, the Council considers that the period for which the PSPO has effect should now be extended because it is satisfied on reasonable grounds that doing so is necessary to prevent the occurrence or recurrence after that time of the activities identified in the PSPO.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that:
4. The period for which the PSPO has effect is hereby extended for a further period of 3 years from 31st January 2023 to 30th January 2026.
5. The full text of the PSPO (which is now subject to the above extension) maybe read at the following link:
Northumberland County Council (Dog Control) Public Spaces Protection Order
Dated this 27th day of January 2023
Housing & Public Protection Service
Northumberland County Council